Monday, February 11, 2013

DIY Spice Rack.


While my daughter was here recently she commented on my messy pantry. I went on to tell her that my pantry was fine and I knew where everything was. So she did the unspeakable and asked me where the onion powder was and I couldn't find it. Point taken. Here is my step by step on how I made my pantry spices easy to find. First I went to Home Depot and found a 10 inch by 24 inch piece of steel.


Then I went to Hobby Lobby and found a frame 10 inch by 24 inch at 50% off.


A package of mounting pins from Hobby Lobby.

 I put my new spice board together in less than ten minutes. It was so easy.


My daughter and I made a trip to World Market where we found these great tins on sale for $1.50 each. They have a magnetic disk on the bottom. I went with colors tins to make it easier to find what I need. Red for hot or Mexican spices, green for dill weed, parsley, etc.


I have to say this was a fun project and my pantry got a thorough cleaning to go with my pretty new spice station.




Hopefully my next project will be this fun!

Until next time, happy crafting!

 Zabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment