Saturday, March 29, 2014

Dave's French Onion Soup. (GF)

My Husband loves French Onion Soup. For our 27 Wedding Anniversary this year I think I'll make his favorite soup for lunch. Here's how I make this really easy dish. I use my large french cooking cast iron pot. You'll need about 4 large onions, sliced evenly. and a stick of butter. Cook the onions until carmelized ( almost a brown color) This takes about 35 mins and you have to keep stirring. I add about 2 tablespoons of white sugar to speed up the browning process.
When my onions are brownish golden I add 2 tablespoons of oat flour ( keeping it gluten free) and stir the flour to mix it well. I then add 2/3 cup red wine ( I use a really nice Chabernet Sauvlgnon) but you can use what ever you like. Stir around and then add 1 box of beef broth, any brand. Stir and cook for another 20 mins. I cut up GF sour dough bread into cubes and taosted, and then added them to to top of the soup bowl with lots of swiss cheese to go on top. I put the soup under the broiler for a few mins until nice and bubbley brown and then it's ready to serve. See! I told ya it's that easy. Happy Anniversary sweety.

No comments:

Post a Comment