Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Zucchini Hush Puppies

My husband and I like to grill fish on our outside grill, and I love to add my gluten free fresh zucchini hush puppies to the meal. This is another fun and easy way to use your garden zucchini and your family will love how it tastes. 

Here is the recipe: 
1 cup yellow corn meal, gluten free 
1 cup Oat flour, gluten free 
1 tsp baking soda 
1/2 tsp baking powder 
2 tsp salt 
1 tsp onion powder 
1 tbsp sugar, you can leave this out if you like 
2 small shallots fine chopped 
1 cup heaping full shredded zucchini 
1 egg 
2/3 cup milk, or more if needed

Mix the dry ingredients (corn meal through sugar) and wet ingredients (shallots through milk) in separate bowls. 


I use a cheese grater to shred my zucchini. Mix dry and wet together and roll into balls.


Using your deep fryer, fry three to four balls at a time until brown. That's it! I hope you enjoy this fun and easy recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment